Yoga Teacher Training Forum » Yogic Health (health benefits, issues and constraints of practice)
|Topic — Add New »||Posts||Last Poster||Freshness|
|Sore elbows||6||SJ Hedges||2 years|
|Yoga and specific health conditions
– Has Yoga helped you or someone you know with an ailment? Do you have questions about asanas, pranayama, or diet for specific conditions? More and more people want natural solutions rather than radical therapy. Sometimes, we have no choice, but to opt for radical medical procedures. In this forum we'll discuss the role of Yogic therapy as an option for treatment of ailments and conditions.
|Yoga for seniors - is it safe?
– More and more seniors are participating regularly in Yoga. They are a very enthusiastic and appreciative age group and they also often have a little extra time to reap the many benefits of Yoga. But where do seniors study? Has Yogic exercise been safely modified for seniors? Why is it that Grandma takes more classes than anyone in the family? Some of us are seniors already, and some of us will be very soon. Please let us know what you think.
|Prenatal Yoga (Yoga during pregnancy)
– Has a Prenatal class helped you or a friend? Prenatal Yoga has many benefits for expectant mothers. However, there are also many contraindications and each teacher or prospective student should be aware of them. A few of these conditions include persistent bleeding, diabetes, hypertension, pre-term labor, cervical insufficiency, or pubic pain. What are your thoughts and experiences about Prenatal and Postnatal classes?
|Yoga for Kids - any concerns?
– More children are getting exposure to Yogic exercise at an early age. Many of us see the benefits for children are dealing with attention deficit disorders and the battle against obesity. Have you seen benefits for children in taking classes? What about safety issues? Should we be supervising them once they start to practice at home? Should parents take an active role and participate with children? These are just a few of the many issues involved when children start practice. What are your thoughts?
|Yogic dieting and Ayurveda
– Is it as simple as understanding your Dosha, or should everyone be eating a more alkaline diet? Does Ayurveda seem too complicated to grasp the concepts? There are a lot of misconceptions about Ayurveda exercise prescriptions and dieting. This is a very vast field. We welcome the opinions of Ayurvedic doctors and the general public.
|Yoga Therapy Questions
– Issues concerning the benefits or quality of Hatha Yoga as a therapeutic application. This forum is open to therapists, therapeutic teachers, physicians, chiropractic doctors, physical therapists, nurses, and serious participants.
New Topic in this Forum
You must log in to post.