Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Course
Much like all the other specialist branches of Yogic methodology, when deciding to take the journey of education toward prenatal Yoga certification, one should consider the amount of continuing education involved.
What should be included within a prenatal and postnatal Yoga teacher training?
It is agreed that anyone, who decides to become a prenatal Yoga teacher specialist, should be a competent and certified teacher to start with. If the specialist has a medical background, this is a “big plus,” as well.
What materials will I be working with?
Aura Wellness Center’s Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga teacher training course contains three books, with 480 pages of information, which is crucial to teaching pregnant students.
Within your three prenatal and postnatal Yogic texts, you will learn classic asanas, which are modified for each trimester of pregnancy. There are step-by-step “how to” photos included, and a special section of Yoga and relaxation techniques that can be practiced with mother and baby, before and after birth.
You will discover Pranayama (Yogic breathing techniques), which may change during the course of pregnancy. Pranayama techniques have specific roles during pregnancy and labor. Some of the relaxing pranayama techniques can be practiced anywhere and at any time.
The mental, physical, and emotional benefits of Yogic practices become obvious as you continue to learn how to work with expectant mothers, and new mothers after birth. There is a section of unique mantras, one for each month of pregnancy and throughout baby’s first year.
Learn from 3 DVDs containing 6 hours and 45 minutes of information. These DVDs bring everything you learn from the books to life. Below is a sample of what you can expect to learn from the DVDs in your course.
1. Easy-to-follow techniques for each trimester.
2. Levels of modification appropriate for each trimester.
3. How mothers can cultivate energy to enjoy their pregnancy.
4. How to ease the discomforts of pregnancy, such as moodiness, shortness of breath, swollen ankles, nausea, indigestion and insomnia; and help you prepare for the rigors and mysteries of labor.
5. How to modify asanas for each trimester by using props, such as: A chair, pillows, a blanket, a mat, blocks, a strap, or sofa cushions.
6. Three simple breathing techniques to calm your nervous system.
7. Learn breathing exercises to help you manage contractions-plus meditation techniques to help you relax and concentrate during delivery.
8. Guided meditation to help foster inner focus and awareness.
9. Simple yoga techniques to encourage a peaceful mind and body during delivery.
10. A gentle practice to help mothers regain strength and flexibility 6 weeks after delivery.
11. Learn a gentle flowing practice to build strength and stamina for the demands of labor-and alleviate the discomforts caused by a mother’s ever-changing body.
12. Learn over 8 routines for each trimester, breathing & pelvic floor exercises, to prepare for delivery, and specially designed routines that may help with fertility issues.
13. Discover Yoga routines for Morning Sickness, Lower Back Pain, Rejuvenation, Relaxation, Digestive Issues, and Preparing for Labor. Special Fertility section included.
14. Lastly, you will receive step-by-step instructions – and tutoring, to help guide you through the course.
What are the Pre-requisites for enrolling in AURA’s Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga teacher course?
This course is designed for those who already have a minimum 200-hour Yoga teacher certification (CYT) or a similar credential. Teaching Yogic techniques students who are pregnant, is a specialist skill, requiring specialist knowledge.
For Registered Teachers: This Prenatal Yoga teacher certification course requires 100 hours of study. This would give RYTs 20 non-contact hours toward the three year continuing education requirement. As a result, this would meet the Yoga Alliance’s non-contact hour CEU requirements over a three year period. The remaining 10-hours are required to be contact (in-person) hours.
Click Here to view product pictures, course material details, order, and shipping information.
See what students who have already taken Aura Wellness Center’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course have to say.