Do you wonder about the value of certification earned on the Internet? How do you sort out who is reputable? When is a Yoga teacher correspondence course a viable option? How can anyone benefit from online certification? Will virtual training ever replace traditional face-to-face education of Yoga instructors? Let’s review these questions and sort through your options.
1. Is there a value in Yoga certifications or diplomas earned on the Internet? Many of the world’s Yoga registries, and certifying organizations, recognize the value of non-contact continuing education credits (CEUs).
Correspondence courses, and online courses, are a form of independent study in many fields, including Yoga. Distance learning credits may be applied toward re-certification or to keep a registration active.
2. How do you sort out which Yoga courses are reputable? If the certifying body specializes in Yoga, this is a major step. The certifying body should have a qualified Yoga instructor trainer on its staff. If the certifying body writes courses for aircraft mechanics and computer repair; you may want to shop around.
3. When is a Yoga teacher correspondence course a viable option? If a person is busy at work, has children at home, or has limited funds for a Yoga education, an online course may be the best option. If you live in a rural area or on an island, distance learning may be your only choice.
4. How can anyone benefit from online certification? Even a bad course would teach you more than you knew about Yoga. However, a well-rounded Yoga teacher course should give you new ideas, even if you have 10, 20, or 30 years of teaching experience.
5. Will virtual training ever completely replace traditional face-to-face education of Yoga instructors? Absolutely not. Yoga instructor education is an ongoing process. Over the years, teachers go through many stages of life. For example: The world economy will improve again. Instructors will have the funds for workshops, camps, and seminars in the future.
On the other hand, why turn away the chance for virtual online training? In comparison, it is much more cost effective than traditional face-to-face Yoga training. With the development of the Internet, and various forms of broadband technology, teacher trainers can now review interns, or established teachers, by streaming video.
This is only the beginning, because 3-D technology is about to make leaps forward within the next decade. Online Yoga teacher training will help instructors improve in an instant. Therefore, it will always be a valuable source of foundational training and continuing education.
© Copyright 2009 – Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division
See our testimonials to find out what our graduates have to say about teaching therapeutic yoga sessions and our selection of online yoga teacher training intensive courses.
If you are a teacher, yoga school manager, blogger, e-zine, or website publisher, and are in need of quality content, please feel free to use my blog entries (articles). Please be sure to reprint each article, as is. Namaste!