Yoga Teacher Training Forum
Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
April 27, 2015
Are you seeking answers for yourself or a written exam. If so, those answers will be based upon the author of a specific book.
You may get quite a range of answers here, but I feel that the foundation of Yoga science is the eightfold path. Please don't use my answers for anything other than to expand your mind.
* Ahimsa - Non-violence
* Satya - Truthfulness
* Asteya - non stealing
* Brahmacharya - Continence
* Aparigaha - non possessiveness
2. Niyama (Personal Disciplines)
* Shoucha - Purity
* Santosha - Contentment
* Tapas - Endurance
* Swadhyaya- Self study
* Eshwar Pranidhan- Dedication
3. Asana - (Yoga Postures / poses) A stable and comfortable posture which helps attain mental equilibrium.
4. Pranayama - (Yoga Breathing) Extension and control of breath.
5. Pratyahara - (Withdrawal of Senses) A mental preparation to increase the power of mind.
6. Dharana - (Concentration on Object) Concentration of mind on one object and its field.
7. Dhyan - (Meditation) With drawing mind from all external objects and Focusing it on one point and meditating on it.
8. Samadhi - (Salvation) State of bliss, joy and merging of individual consciousness in to universal consciousness. Complete Realization of God.
For the following explanation of the goal of teachings, I will refer to lectures at Paulji's center.
The Goal of Yoga teachings is the end of suffering for all of humankind. For some this is spiritual bliss in the service of God. For others this may be good spiritual, mental physical, or emotional health.
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 48
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul