Yoga Teacher Training Forum
Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
April 27, 2015
Wow! Talk about crunch time. Practice pranayama on the way to your first yoga class.
I guess you don't need a lecture about planning.
Here's an idea to group your class into segments.
1. Centering: This gives everyone time to catch their breathe. Seated or standing is fine. Ask them to set an intention and leve baggage at the door. Try to appear calm.
2. Warm ups or Sun Salutations
3. Standing poses (Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Triangle etc.).
4. Kneeling (Camel, Gate, Cat, Cow, Cat series).
5. Seated Asanas
6. Seated Pranayama
7. Prone Poses (on the stomach)
8. Lying Poses (supine)
9. Relaxation in Supine Posture (Shavasana), seated meditation, or both.
10. Closing / Namaste
Hope this gets to you in time. Next time, give yourself a little time to plan your yoga classes.
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 48
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul