Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
April 27, 2015
This my 28 week and honestly i feel like a heavy bowling ball suddenly. Up to my 26 week was quite fun going to class. I almost gave up going for my class this morning. Probably because the week before, i had few days of traveling & training to give where by am on my feet for about 8 hours a day (this is my job) - so developed slight edema (swelling of the feet and ankle). When i went for my class, my teacher had a totally different routine as she noticed the group was small and more elderly ladies plus me (5 of us).
What we did today was more for a pregnant routine which i actually found it not too bad. She started off with
1) simple stretching,
2) dog pose (this too not recommended if you have high blood pressure as it can cause some dizziness)
3) sun salutation (very slowly)
4) full arm balance (not for me), for me was simple lotus leg sitting and concentrating on my breathing,
5) elbow balance (not for me too)
6) sitting stretches (she omitted all standing position for this session)-simple side stretches, forward stretch (to ease the backaches), slight twist, some sitting balancing poses with support of the blanket or bolsters at the back,
7) virasana with bolster support for back & blanket to prop for your knees & ankles, bridge pose with support of the brick for you back elevation just slight & feet against the wall with the correct distance (this pose is quite nice as I noticed the baby loves to move in this pose all the time),
9) back bend 1 & 2 (i love this pose as i feel relieve of the burden of carrying weight for a split second, but not advisable to stay too long or for new comers not at all at this stage),
10) simple forward bend stretch by using the belt with legs apart 90 degrees above with your head propped up with pillow and back resting on floor (modified)
11) savasana (with head elevated with bolster or blanket & usually then turn the body to the right so the tummy gets the floor support and more comfortable.
12)breathing (alternate nostril)
13) silence (meditation for 2 minutes or so)
Probably this week would be last session with the group as i am not able to do much of the standing positions and this class is an advance class. So her advice to me was to do 20 minutes in the morning the simple stretching poses (follow a routine) which i love followed by breathing and more concentration on meditation and 20 minutes in the evening. Due to my feet swelling, she told me to omit all standing poses, inversion & upside down poses for time being, just take the simple stretches which i enjoy and meditate a little on it.
Thats all for now. All I can say, its not easy to move or flex the body at this stage. But doing the above slight simple routine sort off gave me energy and happiness. Well i hope, i cultivate the discipline to do it on my own at least 3 times a week - that would be an achievement.
In between i had an opportunity to meet dattatreya siva baba again, who came to malaysia for a day visit and he thought us a few mantra. It was a very different experience, i am not sure how to explain that yet. Probably when i get the words right, i will pen it down.
Peace for now,
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 43
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul