Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
I think most people would rather complain than give constructive ideas, so I hope this helps.
1. Beyond basic Yoga teacher certification, do you see an advantage in have more enhanced credentials?
Not really, most of the teaching positions are just looking for a valid certification. If you live in a highly competitive area it's probably different.
2. What are you looking for in a Yoga teacher association?
An organization that really cares about me and my ability help students improve their lives.
3. What do you dislike about Yoga teacher associations?
Well....snobby elitist attitudes don't blend well with Yoga. It's just counterproductive. I know more than one teacher who spent a mint to have letters after their names. Both of them invested so much that they are broke and neither of them teach yoga.
4. What is your concept of an ideal Yoga teacher credential?
One that is highly respected, but there are so many groups that coordinators don't know the difference. I guess one that points to me being a professional teacher is best.
5. What is your concept of an ideal Yoga teacher association?
The one that has open arms, answers the phone, answers e-Mail, and helps me out.
Hope this helps.
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 48
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul