Yoga Teacher Training Forum
Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
April 27, 2015
Here are seven simple steps you can follow to care and nurture yourself.
1. Breathe: In yoga and meditation we are taught to live in the present, to focus on a single thought, mantra or posture. If you apply this to your daily life, when you feel stuck, tired, overwhelmed and tired, stop what you are doing, take a deep breath in through your nose and slowly breathe out. Do this 3-5 times and you will instantly feel calmer, clearer and more able to refocus and complete the task in hand.
2. Rest: Rest is vital to your health and wellbeing. Learn to incorporate a few simple relaxation techniques, such as self massage into your daily routine. For instance, give yourself a hand massage at lunch time or simple facial massage feet before your go to bed.
3. Exercise: A few gentle yoga stretches at the beginning of your day helps to energise and awaken your body. During the day practice chair yoga stretches to ease tension from your neck and shoulders.
4. Attitude: Your attitude, way you respond or react to certain situations makes a difference. Aim to develop a positive attitude, to see the glass as half full and recognise the good in all situations.
5. Take Time-Out: Give yourself permission to take time-out during your day. Take a day-off. Book a massage, have a private yoga lesson, meditate or just unplug everything for 10 minutes and sit quietly focusing on your breath.
6. Healthier Options. Learn to choose healthier options when doing things. For example, where possible walk instead of taking the car or bus, make healthier snack time choices; substitute your early morning doughnut and coffee with a packet of raw nuts and raisins and herbal tea; sip water instead of fizzy drinks; try to go to bed 20 minutes earlier and wake up 10 minutes earlier to stretch and ease yourself into your day.
7. Embrace Life. This is essential. Life is for living. Even on days when all hell breaks loose and everything feels out of control and out of alignment, find something good in the madness and celebrate that moment. Without simple enjoyment life is harder and the journey long.
You are important. You matter. So whenever you feel manic, overwhelmed, frustrated, tired and weary, just remember to Breathe. To chose one of the above seven self-care steps - and allow yourself to rest, relax and recharge. You will feel vibrant, refocused and more able to enjoy being with your family and feeling positive and productive at work.
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 48
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul