Welcome to The Yoga Teacher Training Forum Archive - A Collection of Various Yoga Topics
The Forum is Now Closed and Will Remain as an Information Archive.
For New Updates and Conversations, We Now Have a Public Facebook Group Located Here
Please consider registering
April 27, 2015
The Real Truth about Ayurveda for Cancer as a Therapy
Cancer is one of the most deadly diseases spreading drastically all around the world within few years. New scientific studies and investigations are making maximum endeavors to provide safe and sound treatment procedure for combating this ailment. Cancer patients are generally cured with traditional medicinal method however alternative and complementary treatments or therapies like yoga and Ayurvedic systems are also used nowadays for defeating tumor and reducing side effects during treatment along with other procedures.
Ayurveda is an ancient India’s healing system which is said to be preventive as well as curative method, practiced since thousands of years. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word which means knowledge or science of life. The teachings of this holistic system was recited orally and transferred through generations. The medicinal practice is based on Athrva Veda and emphasized on prevention of diseases and rejuvenation of body by naturally produced herbs or drugs made by different parts of plants.
According to the Ayurvedic school of thought human body is governed by three doshas, named as Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Diseases are mostly caused due to mental and body imbalance or harmony as a result of improper functioning of these three doshas and cancer is an ailment which also involves disparity in all three bodily doshas. Ayurvedic holistic approach specifically recommends sticking to swastha life style and diet for maintaining balance in tridoshas. Swastha includes regular and proper routine of diet with natural way of living, avoiding improper or unhealthy food intake, awakening till late night, stress and anxiety due to over working, using drugs, stimulants or intoxicants. All these factors are responsible for weakness in digestive system, disturbance in doshas, causing toxins in body and blocking channels of life force energies.
For the treatment of cancer Ayurvedic medicinal therapy comprises of multiple herbal products those posses huge potential for curing this disease, scientifically these formulated drugs influence different body organs and system naturally. These drugs are capable of nourishing and boosting up body’s immune system. The other method for treating tumor is usage of herbal oils, ointments or pastes, these medicinal products are applied on or around tumor affected area by covering with metallic plate that produce heat, this procedure work as similar to chemotherapy or radiation. Sometimes heated medicated oils or pastes are applied on body to kill cancerous cells likewise radiations. Herbal medicine steam is used to eliminate toxins from the body in Panchkarma therapy, a branch of ayurveda.
Ayurvedic treatment for cancer is free from side effects, it improves metabolism of patients and plays a great role in improving their ability to digest food. The following method is not just budget friendly but is also very beneficial. However the rate of success depends upon the fact that how regularly and responsibly the patient follows the medication and other treatments. If the patient is missing the doses or is not following the timeline he or she may not be able to see the positive outcomes. The Ayurvedic treatment is a definite choice and some people also prefer it over allopathic treatment as it is less destructive and have more benefits.
April 27, 2015
Thank you for this thread. To expand on your idea and to include alternative treatments:
About Holistic Treatments for Cancer
Holistic treatment is said to be a diverse field of alternative therapies or medicinal procedures that treat patient physically, emotionally and spiritually to attain optimum health and wellness. There is variety of holistic treatments or therapies practice nowadays to cure a person as a whole such as ayurveda, homeopathy, acupuncture, yoga, naturopathy, reflexology, chiropractic care and aromatherapy etc.
Along with conventional medicinal approach for curing the deadly disease cancer other holistic methods is incorporated and are used to cope up with symptoms and side effects during treatment. As these systems may not help directly in curing the disease but evidences have proved that integrating alternative approaches will play an effective role in lessened down generally experienced symptoms like vomiting, pain, fatigue, stress, sleeplessness and weakness.
Here are some commonly practiced holistic treatments which showed promising results when tried by cancer patients during their conventional medicinal procedure. It is reported that yoga and other holistic therapies are less invasive with more advantages and cure many lethal diseases.
- Yoga: The ancient practice of yoga is becoming widely popular throughout the world due to its extra ordinary beneficial results related with an individual's wellness as a whole in terms of mind, body and soul. It is also proved from several studies and researches that yoga exercises will be helpful in curing cancer and its side effects or other health problems occurred during surgery, chemotherapy and radiations process. Basically yoga is combination of techniques that include stretches, physical postures, paranayama, relaxation and meditation. Patients suffering from cancer are recommended to attend yoga sessions as an alternative medicinal treatment under the supervision of skilled instructor because it is safe, effectual and healthiest holistic method. Meditation and relaxation techniques are helpful in developing mental calmness and relaxing body muscles. The activities include visualization exercises or chanting of sacred verses to attain mental stillness and relaxation. These methods help cancer survivors to have better sleep, improve mental focus and play vital role in releasing fatigue.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda is another holistic method of treatment for complete body of a person. This method naturally deals with curing diseases by using herbs and parts of plant along with following simple and healthy food intake. For cancer treatment there are numerous therapeutic procedures present in this system with naturally produced drugs from herb and plants. The Ayurvedic method for curing cancer is safe, natural and budget friendly.
- Acupuncture: A Chinese methodology of treating cancer by inserting needles in patient’s skin at specific points. Different studies have showed evidence that acupuncture is helpful in getting relief from nauseated feeling caused during chemotherapy also for relieving certain types of pain in patients.
- Aromatherapy: This treatment procedure include fragrant oils extracted from herbs or plants, these oils are sometimes inhaled or applied on skin for massage and sometimes added in water for taking bath. The oils can also be heated for spreading scents in air helpful in relieving stress, nausea and pain.
- Taichi: This is a safe form of physical activity that includes gentle movements with deep breathing. It helps patient to relieve stress and improve body balance and mobility.
Most Users Ever Online: 340
Currently Browsing this Page:
Yoga Paul: 138
Don Briskin: 69
Guest Posters: 43
Administrators: Meredith, Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500, Paul